A Skinbooster treatment is a non-invasive procedure that uses hyaluronic acid injections to improve the appearance of your skin. The effects of a Skinbooster treatment usually last for 4-6 months, so you will need to undergo another treatment after that time period to maintain the results. If you are looking for more permanent results, you may want to consider other cosmetic procedures such as laser skin resurfacing or dermal fillers.
Getting a skin booster is a worthwhile idea if you wish to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. It also helps to improve the skin’s natural glow by smoothening out roughness. It is an advanced cosmetic treatment wherein serums are applied at high frequency. If you are interested in getting a skinbooster in Singapore, this treatment is available at Cambridge Medical Aesthetic Clinic.
Like any other treatment, a skin booster comes with its advantages and side effects. This article will talk about what these are, the things you should avoid after a skin booster treatment, and how to protect your skin from damage due to them.
Advantages of a Skinbooster Treatment
Skin booster treatments are known to improve the skin’s overall appearance. Fine lines and wrinkles become less visible after a single session of treatment. It also helps reduce dark circles under the eyes, acne scars, and other blemishes found on the face.
The use of the high-frequency current in this form of treatment is advantageous since it can help stimulate collagen production, which would then lead to an improved tone and texture of the skin. The quantity of collagen produced by healthy human cells diminishes with age. This causes many individuals to develop crow feet, fine lines, and wrinkles around their eyes and mouth.
Disadvantages of a Skinbooster Treatment
As helpful as Skin Booster treatments may be, they also come with potential side effects. The side effects of Skin Booster treatments may vary depending on the person’s skin type and sensitivity.
The following are some of the more common side effects you should know about before getting your skin booster in Singapore.
- Redness or irritation of the skin
- Bruising or swelling may be visible around the problem areas which have been treated
- Temporary numbing sensation
What to Avoid After a Skinbooster Treatment?
Now that we know about some of the possible side effects of a skin booster treatment, it is important to know what you should avoid after undergoing one. Here are some Do’s and Don’ts to keep in mind:
- Drink plenty of fluids, especially water, in the days following your treatment: You need to stay hydrated after your treatment. This is because, during the treatment, you would have experienced redness and irritation on the skin. Drinking plenty of water will help soothe these symptoms and maintain a healthy glow.
- Use sunscreen: You should always use sunscreen if you want to protect yourself from sun damage or any other type of UV ray damage. Sunscreen helps to protect skin from premature ageing and skin cancer caused by prolonged exposure to sunlight. It also protects you from early wrinkles due to photoaging, which is a direct result of being exposed to the sun’s harmful rays over time.
- Exercise strenuously or take hot baths for two days after your treatment: Exercising vigorously can reopen the capillaries and cause them to bleed. This will temporarily prolong the bruising or swelling experienced after your procedure. Moreover, hot baths have been proven to increase redness on the skin, so it’s best to avoid them as well.
- Shave for two days: Shaving can irritate your newly treated skin, so wait for 48 hours before you do so. Make sure you use a non-comedogenic shaving cream that is free of alcohol and fragrance, too, because these may also cause irritation or sensitivity to the affected area.
- Touch your face: Touching the treated area right after your treatment will interfere with how long its effects last. Your hands can transfer oils from other parts of your body onto the treated area, which would make its effects diminish faster than they should.
- Wash your face with harsh cleansers: Avoid using facial scrubs, exfoliating pads, or other cleansing products that contain rough edges or sharp particles on the days after your treatment. These items may cause further irritation to your newly treated skin, which will only prolong any side effects you are experiencing.
- Drink alcohol or caffeine: Alcohol and caffeine can both dehydrate you, which is the last thing you want when your skin is already feeling dry and irritated. Avoid drinking these items in the days following your treatment.
As long as you follow these simple Do’s and Don’ts, you can minimize any side effects that you might experience after a Skinbooster treatment. By being mindful of what not to do, you can hasten the healing process and enjoy better-looking skin faster.
Will Skinbooster Treatment Give Me Permanent Results?
No. While skin booster treatments are effective, they will not give you permanent results. However, they can help improve the overall appearance of your skin and make it look more youthful and radiant. The effects of a Skinbooster treatment usually last for 4-6 months, so you will need to undergo another treatment after that time period to maintain the results.
If you are looking for more permanent results, you may want to consider other cosmetic procedures such as laser skin resurfacing or dermal fillers. Please consult with a qualified cosmetic surgeon to see if these procedures are right for you. Just to be sure that your cosmetic surgeon can be trusted with administering this treatment, be sure to check the surgeon’s qualifications and reviews from past patients. You can do this by looking them up on trusted sources such as RealSelf.com.
The Bottom Line
Other than your doctor’s qualification and skills, the success of your skin booster in Singapore will largely depend on how well you follow the post-treatment instructions. Taking care of your skin and avoiding the things that can aggravate it will help ensure a speedy recovery and a reduced chance of any side effects. So be sure to take these guidelines to heart and enjoy your beautiful, healthy-looking skin!
Cambridge Medical Group
391B Orchard Road, #08-05A1, Tower B, Ngee Ann City, 238874
+65 6733 0777